Tuesday, August 21, 2007

TRUE LOVE TUESDAY: LIFE, GRACE, BLESSINGS AND REVERENCE FOR TOUGH TIMES

I am still amazed at how just a few weeks ago I was so stressed out about what was about to happen. I worked hard at trying to stay focused and calm in the face of being sentenced for committing a crime--a federal white collar crime. The possibility of going to jail was so overwhelming to me that I thought I would just lay down and die. But I didn't and I haven't. Life manages to move on regardless of what is happening to me. Life moves forward and doesn't look back to see if your coming. The lesson I learned and there are many, but this one in particular, is that True Love is not about being there when all is good and fabulous. True Love shows up at the worst possible moments. It is a part of Life that does the looking back to make sure you are moving forward at your own speed. True Love is a first cousin of Grace and Blessings. If your paying attention, they are always hanging around reminding your soul of what is most important. This has been a TOUGH TIME for me and I have to give this tough time some reverence and not be so quick to shove her under the rug. I got to respect the tough times--it demands it--there is no getting around it until I surrender to it. I don't mean give up and let the chips fall where they may. I mean give tough times honor and know that tough times prepare you for the really good times that are just ahead, otherwise how will you know good times when you see them. I can feel myself growing in ways that I didn't see before and that in and of itself is a blessing.

3 comments:

? said...

Keep on growing, Lovebabz! I've probably said it before, so I'll say it again: your God-given inner strength amazes me.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Bottleblonde
Thanks always for your kind words. I appreciate your support. I do believe your are right about God-given strength otherwise I would be dead.

Vivienne said...

You have a brave and enlightened perspective on tough times and life. I wish you the best. You will come through to the other side of your troubles because you yourself believe you will. Bravo.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive