Monday, January 22, 2018

A Woman of Many Umbrellas

I am indeed a woman of many umbrellas. This has been so, as far back as I can remember. I've never done just "one" thing. I always had my hands and feet in this, that or the other. I am curious by nature. I learn by doing. I love by doing.

I used to be harsh on myself... Why can't I just excel at one thing. Why did I have so many interests. Didn't I just want to perfect one set of skills? Never! I could never just be about one thing. I was always peeking around corners and underneath a stairwell. If there was some new thing calling my heart, I'd run like the devil to it and throw myself into until I got what I wanted and then on to the next thing.

I can cook. I can write. I can sing. I dance. I create. I've made a living doing all manner of things big and small. Here I am on the verge of turning 55! I don't seem to be slowing down. I actually feel like I must rush full speed ahead. Not in a frenzied way, but deliberate and wide open. Maturity gifts you with a different sense of urgency. I have a clarity that serves me...I heed my intuition.

I find myself these days, full. Doing work and projects that push my creative juices to the absolute living end and I love it. It's raining projects, and social interactions and love. Up goes the umbrellas, not to ward off all this joy but to catch it!






No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive